Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Life on Twitter



Okay, so I started another Twitter account to promote my new personal blog. I went to the Books A Million and bought two books The Complete Idiot's Guide To Social Media Marketing and Blogging For Dummies. This time, I was determined to start my new blog out successfully. This time, I was determined to use Twitter successfully. Let me tell you, I was having a blast. I was writing blog posts that I like. I was adding pictures and figuring out what to do to make my blog more attractive. I was having fun UNTIL...I had to promote it.

Argh! Both books told me to link my blog to Facebook. That was easy enough. Both books told me to enter my blog into blog directories (still working on that one). And, last but not least, both books told me to promote myself on Twitter.

DUM!DUM!DUM!

I don't have a good relationship with Twitter. I still don't get Twitter. Twitter drives me mad.

BREATH!

I pulled up my big girl drawers and started a new Twitter account specifically for that blog. Check this out, I even put my REAL PICTURE up. Yikes. I never do that. Hey! I could care less whether people know me or not, but I did it.



                                                                           

Well, I went into this new Twitter account differently. I decided that I wouldn't follow celebrities (That got old really quick. THEY DON'T RESPOND TO YOU AND THEY ARE ALWAYS PROMOTING SOMETHING). The Kardashians drove me bananas. Anywho, I decided that I would follow Twitters like me--female bloggers.

After a few days, I was following 10 people. Then, I got four followers. Yah! That always makes me feel good. As of today, March 08, 2011, I am following 15 people and I have six followers. Three are friends and four are other bloggers.

What I Have Learned:

  • Promote but don't over promote. It's annoying. I actually unfollowed 5 people who promoted themselves every time they Tweeted.
  •  Follow anyone who follows you.  
  • Answer questions when asked. 
  • Ask questions to initiate conversation. 
  • Be a real person, and occasionally talk about something other than your business. 
  • Retweet useful information. 

 Stay Tuned.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...