Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Media. Are we all addicted?

 I'm A Video Game Addict


JM: What are you addicted to?
Doll: The video game Collapse.


JM: How do you play?
Doll: You have to eliminate colored blocks by clicking groups of three or more like-colored combinations while remaining below the top line. You can match them straight up and down, L-shaped or horizontal as long as there are three in a row.


JM: How often do you play?
Doll: (Laughing) About three or four times a day.


JM: Wow! How long does one game last?
Doll: Well, it depends. There's different types of games with eight different levels, and each game takes about 15 to 20 minutes to play. In one sitting, I've played about two to three hours on the upper levels like 19 and 20.


JM: Wait! Two to three hours playing one game?
Doll: Yep. I have to get a new phone because I've ruined my touch screen from playing too much. I need to get an iPod so I can play on there. You know how you might have to charge your battery once a day. i have to charge mine three or four times a day.


JM: Well, how do you know that you're addicted?
Doll: Because one time I didn't visit with my family because I couldn't stop playing. I didn't want to lose my concentration. I had to in the rhythm. Sometimes my fingers hurt (Laughing). Sometimes I fall asleep playing.


JM: That's funny. So, do you have a favorite website?
Doll: iWin and Yahoo Games. That's where you can go to play free Internet games.


Wanna play Collapse? Click here and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I refuse to play any online games. Not because I think they are lame but because I know that I will get addicted. I mean I can mindlessly play old school solitaire for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it a complete waste of time when I see people spending so much of time playing Solitaire and so many of those simple games on their mobile phones. People seem to be able to spend hours of their precious life everyday - time which they could have used on useful professional and personal development. I mean even taking a walk or having a hobby is so much useful. I wonder what others on this forum feel?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...